Our XC course re-opened on Saturday 11th July 2020.
However, please note that due to Covid-19, there are special measures in place.
The safety and security of our clients and liveries is our priority. You will need to book in advance, so we can manage numbers and flow of people; please do not show up without a prior booking as we have a high volume of clients at present
- Before arrival, please complete an electronic payment of appropriate payment via BACS:
- Lloyds Bank
- Account name: C Applewhite & Son
- Sort code: 30-95-05
- Account number: 02534908
- In order for us to match your payment to your booking, and permit you to use the course, you must use the same put the Booking Name as the reference for your BACS transfer – i.e. if Sarah Greene is booking the session, even if Rachel White makes the payment, the BACS reference must clearly state “Sarah Greene” as the party who will be participating. After making your online payment, please take a photo on your phone/ send it to the individual who will be riding, so you/they can present this when you arrive at Danethorpe, if asked to show proof of payment.
- Please park your lorries in the field used for competition parking (this will be clearly sign-posted), a safe distance from any other folks using the XC facilities, and respect their personal space.
- There is a trailer in this field, with Signing In/ Disclaimer forms within – these must be completed before you go out on to the X-Country course. Please bring your own pen. There will be hand sanitiser next to the forms.
Our course is available for hire 7 days per week, from 8:00am to 6:00pm (*or later by special request).
- We have continued to hold our prices since 2018.
- £20 per rider (£15 if rider is under 15).
- Please check our Events page for competition dates, when the course will be in use.
About our course
Our cross-country course has been designed to give horses space to jump with a forward rhythm, with plenty of warm-up space. We offer a wide variety of different fences, covering a range of difficulty and technicality from beginners to BE 100 and Pre-Novice, to suit all standards of horses, ponies and their riders.
For those with more experience, the course offers larger obstacles – permanent and portables – including arrowheads, drops, coffins, ditches, corners and ‘skinnies’, plus two water complexes.
For beginners, we have an inviting woodland trail with eight small rustic fences (logs and palisades).
Our fences and course have been designed and built by BE accredited fence builders.
We’re always updating and improving our facilities, and add new fences each year.
Our course is available to hire for events, clinics and competitions. Please contact Sharon for further information.